Wednesday, December 5, 2007

An open letter to Steve Jobs...

(I actually sent this mail to several mail addresses I thougt that they may belong to Steve. I got no response and I don't even know if he read it. So I decided to publish it here.)

To: Steve Jobs

Hi Steve!

I am a long time fan of Apple. My first computer was a Macintosh Plus. I switched to back and forth several times and I now use PC's in my work and home but I still continue to be an Apple fan.

I keep track of your iPhone lately. And I will definitely plan to buy one if it is legally available in my country.

I want to add a few questions about Apple in my country. (Since I once worked for them I cannot criticise you and them more deeply.) Do you plan to sell iPhone in Turkey? Do you plan to open your iTunes Store here?

I know ipods are very popular here. Turkey is an economically low profile country I agree but mobile phone usage very wide and people spend a lot for their phones. (Maybe you don't know our population is about 70 m and there are more than 40 m mobile phone users.) Maybe bill (call durations) amounts may not be as high as you might expect but it is getting better since our economy gets better. (And also 1-2 yr contracts are not a very common practice here in Turkey but maybe you can change that who knows.)

Finally I keep looking forward owning an iPhone legally here in Turkey.

Regards...

No comments: